1996 ez-go

mort

36 volt with tow switch won't go battery pack at 39.7 volts, jumped solenoid= no go, double jumper on motor and boost from 12 voltmotor works, worked on key and pedal once after wires re-hooked and won't do anything again, solenoid clicks, any ideas how to by-pass the controller to nail it down to controller problem

JRay

Cartaholic
One of these ezgo gurus should be by shortly, where's HRC
dazed053.gif
rotflmao.gif

mort

everything checked out on controller, it has a new solenoid on it, there is no voltage drop between large posts of solenoid, could it possibly be the diode cicuit board

JRay

Cartaholic
Hey HRC what you think might be wrong on this beast? I suggested Mort come on here and ask, I haven't looked at this cart, live too far apart.
tip.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the solenoid clicks but the cart doesn't move when you jump the 2 large posts on the solenoid I would lean toward the controller being bad, if ALL cable connections are clean and tight and all cables are in good condition. Another thing is be sure you have the run tow switch in tow when jumping the solenoid or controller. Once the jumper is in place flip the switch to run. One small arc with the switch in run can blow a DCS controller. Make sure back tires are off the ground with the cart on jack-stands when doing the tests in the DCS test chart.

mort

it is the controller , it has burnt transistors and a couple capacitors, which controllers will work in it and were might someone find a used stock replacement
Thanks for the great help and information i have recieved from you's
Mort