1996 Club Car Solenoid Wiring

Springer1500

Just got a replacement solenoid from Club Car for my 1996 and it's the new style "square" type. I haven't received my service manual yet. Can anyone tell me the correct way to wire the new solenoid or no where I can get a wiring diagram? The small posts are marked + & - and I know I have to wire it correctly to keep from blowing the diode. From the OBC, is the yellow wire connected to the + or -. I should be able to move the wires correctly from there. There isn't a right or wrong way to position the cables on the big posts, are there?

Thanks for any help!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The yellow wire would go to the negative terminal - and the positive wire should be white/black and would go to the positive terminal + on the solenoid...

Springer1500

New solenoid is in, new OBC is in, charger is finally working!

Batteries have been cooking for about 4 hrs and charger has gone from 15 amps to 5 amps. Still charging but charging voltages look better than they ever had.

This is a new set. Any ideas how long I should wait for the initial charge. I know until the charger shuts off, but since I'm working with a new OBC, I want to monitor to make sure the auto shut off works.

Thanks for the help!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Glad to hear the cart is running again.

I've seen new batteries take 12- 16 + hours to charge on the first few charge cycles.

Springer1500

Yep, things are working normally now. Used the cart several times this weekend and have been charging after each use, letting the charger shut off by itself. Seems like its getting better each time.

Thanks for all the help, everyone!