1996 Club Car Electric Solenoid

Question about a 1996 Club Car electric golf cart solenoid. I keep hearing and reading about diodes and resistors on these solenoids. I do not see any on my cart. I do not see these on the wiring diagram. Is this something I should wire in when I install a new solenoid?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Not all golf carts have the diode or resistor on the solenoid. Just wire the new solenoid the same as the old one. :twocents:

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
If you do not have a controller cart then you’re probably not going to need it now if you’ve added radios or any other electronics then it’s probably not a bad idea

Diode

What the diode is used for is the collapsing field of the solenoid coil, causing a positive spike of Potentially high-voltage. The Diode shorts it back to the positive side which keeps the electronics from being destroyed. So any positive voltage on the opposite end of the striped end goes straight through like a wire hope this helps and I really hope it makes sense

Diode

The resistor is across the large terminals of the solenoid this resistor is used on some controller carts and it is there to pre-charge the capacitors in the controller

Ok Ty. I have an A96 resistor cart with no added electronics. My solenoid tested good. Going to check F&R Switch. Going to check the V-Glide. Maybe the wiper arm needs to be replaced as well as the wiper brush. As I cannot find anything else. The cart just took off on its own when I put it in forward without touching the pedal. Lol. So something stuck. Fastest I had ever seen a cart run. Even with key off. Crazy. All connection issues I am assuming. Any thoughts guys?