1996 Club Car DS Steering Problem

Nicot

I have a 1996 Club Car DS with a steering problem. Steering is tight and steering wheel centered. Driving on a smooth road you can let go of the steering wheel and it goes straight. As soon as you hit a bump the steering wheel and tires snap to the left. If you're holding the wheel tight you can keep it straight but the grab is significant. I Don't know anything about the steering. Any help on where to start and what to look for would be much appreciated.

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Make sure all tires are inflated the same then jack it up make sure the spring bolt is in the center of the hole of the axle plate, then make sure all bushings are there then check the king pins and check for wearing replace what's needed make sure to grease it as well also check the universal joint to make sure it's not binding in there as well then do a alignment after you get everything properly replaced and test drive to make sure all is well

Nicot

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'm going to learn about steering this weekend. Sounds pretty straight forward, literally. Lol