1996 48V Club Car Slow Throttle

Liftman1

The cart runs at what seems to be half speed and drops out as pedal is depressed. I was testing the throttle wire voltage and with multimeter negative on last battery negative, and positive on green wire at controller, motor runs at what appears full speed with no drop off to full throttle. Cart drives forward at about half speed, jerks and stops in reverse. I am leaning toward the vglide switch but not into throwing money at it.

Liftman1

Further testing determined the vglide to be the issue. Removed the vglide switch and inspected it. Found one of the resistors at about half throttle to be broken. Ordered a new switch.

Csimpler

For future reference for anyone with this problem, you can replace the resistors. Club Car has a replacement set a little over a hundred dollars. I bought resistors at a local electronics store for $16 and replaced them. Had to buy packs of six or it would have been about 5 bucks. And just a note the small resistor with the single black stripe is not a resistor and can be replaced with solid core wire about 20ga.

Liftman1

I was going to go that route but the plastic housing was broken already and decided on a new one. It would be a cheaper fix.