1995 EZGO Medalist Doesn't Charge - Charger Won't Turn On

BCGC

HOT ROD, Please I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Been rebuilding a 1995 medalist and I can't seem to get the cart to charge. I need to start from the beginning. I purchased this cart and the old owner stated that some times the charger acts up. After sending the body out for paint, I started to look at the charging system, When openning up the charger receptacle on the cart I found the INSULATOR on the pos was melting so I ordered new insulators and 2 new copper female radsoks. When I went to change them I also noticed the reed switch was broken ''glass type'' rusted not looking to good, Just so happen to have one in the shop ,but the newer kind concelled no glass. thought I was all set. In my ''hast'', I forgot to disconnect the batteries and touched the pos to the neg and as you know not to good. So this is were I'm at. I cleaned up the connection everthing looks fine I go to hook up the reed switch and the wire is now missing. When I get to the wiring on the passanger side of the cart there is only 1 red wire thats not attached to any thing. Got on line asked the question and found out the red wire going from out side the charging unit goes to the run tow switch. I hooked it up and I still can't get the charger to turn on, checked the voltage it was under 36 volts been cold up here so i by-passed the charger and got it to charge. I thought I was all set. Today I was working on it and it been a little cold so I went to make sure it had a charge to it and still could not get the charger to turn on. checked the pack just under 36 so for about an hour or two I jump the charger and now the pack reads 38 volts plus, but charger still will not click on with out jumping it. Is it the pack is still to low? Is it the reed switch? Is it because it fully charged? Is it because I placed insulators over both neg and pos connectors? I traced the red wire, in the harness under the controller cover over to the left side of the solenoid and back to the run tow switch. The only other thing I noticed is the 250 oh under the solenoid is also melted and burned up. please just spent a lot of money and know this problem
wallbash.gif
cart runs just won't charge. if the pack is still to low what do i do?Let it charge for 5 to 6 hours?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Look inside the DC charger plug and you'll see a metal contact on one side. That side can't have a isolator on the cart receptacle. That metal contact on the charger plug has to make contact with the radsock in the cart receptacle. Remove the plastic isolator from that side of the charger receptacle on the cart and see if the charger works.

BCGC

IF I UNDER STAND, REMOVE INSULATOR FROM THE NEG SIDE ? THAT THE ONLY THING I ADDED. THANKS. I'LL GIVE IT A TRY IN THE AM. I FEEL LIKE A DUMB--ASS