1995 Columbia ParCar Governor

SandPrairieTom

I just bought a 1995 Columbia ParCar today. It is a 2 stoke and appears to be in fantastic condition. It does go slow and smokes a little.

Do I dare take the governor off or will that cause damage? How do I do this also ?

Where should I look for a rear seat add-on?

6408A933-5A2C-4362-B052-89FA1BC5DE5C.jpeg3AD11430-2E4D-421E-828E-1D58E42128F1.jpeg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
The governor is activated by the drive clutch if i remember right, most eliminate the gov and run the throttle cable right to the carb. bad fuel and or poor quality oil can add to the smoking, oil injection issues are sometimes a problem if its still hooked up. pictures of the engine and carburetor would help.
Clean looking cart, Welcome to the Forum:hattip::usa:

SlapahoInjun

Thanks for the reply.

Since my last post the cart has been running ok but did shut down on me, about 4 miles from my home.

I waited about ten minutes and it started up again so I have been just driving 1/4 mile short trips down to the neighbors with it. I do wonder if the oil injector is working tho.

If it’s not too difficult I Could probably replace the carb and oil injector pump.

The governor - Will the throttle be able to modulate based on applied gas pedal pressure? Or will it run wide open all the time without the governor hooked up? I’ve heard the latter is what happens on some carts. Here are some pics of the motor compartment.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

SlapahoInjun

I took a closer look at the oil tank and line from it. Seems the line out the bottom of the oil tank goes into this little inline filter and then directly into the front of the motor?

AEEF8B69-DAFA-47FA-82B2-B8D283612333.jpeg15658287-5767-4CF4-8BD6-B41964D4C005.jpeg

SethG.3

Did you find a solution to this? I just picked up a 1991 Par Car with the same setup. Looking for the governor to hopefully accomplish the same thing. Did you ever find yours or solve the speed issue?