1995 Club Car DS - Newbie Makeover - Where to start?

lucroyc

I found a cart with a sign stating $500, does run, old batts. Did a quick check as other people started stopping. It did run. The guy knew nothing about the cart as it came with the house. After a little research, I found it to be a 1995 DS. The batteries are 2012 Trojans. Someone made notes on tape in each battery, which I assume are performance notes. Not sure how old those notes are (See attached). The cart runs 7 mph to 9mph. I got it to hit 11 downhill. I have ordered new batteries and they will be here on Tuesday. Even if they are technically working, I can't imagine 11-year-old batteries performing well. They were also bone dry when I checked them. I keep reading about a speed sensor, but I can't find the speed sensor. It does roll with no "beeping" when I push the cart. Not sure if that test works on all carts. I believe this is a GE DC Motor and cannot find much about this. With all this said, what would be the next mechanical item to check? Any help and guidance would greatly be apprciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 13

Zman

Cartaholic
It is a series wound motor , you will get no beeping , and there is no speed sensor.

Zman

Cartaholic
I do not know which set you have but i believe you have no resistor coils behind the batteries and you have a controller that is not programmable. Assuming you are getting full throttle input the only was to speed it up would be a Speed motor. You can also increase the tire diameter.