1994 ezgo gas 4 cycle

JerryL

We just bought a used 1994 ezgo 4 cycle golf cart. Why do we have to choke it everytime for it to start.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

Some of the EZGO's are cold blooded. I would give it a tune up, clean the carb and adjust the valves. If it still starts hard check the compression. There's a guide in the EZGO resource forum with pics for adjusting the valves.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it's a 94 it's either a Marathon or Medalist. They came out with the Medalist in mid 94.

ezgo_chart.jpg

JerryL

It's the Marathon, thanks.

I can't find the resourse for the adjustments you told me about. Do you know the title it is under?

JerryL

Sorry, one more question, when we first kick down the gas pedal it doesn't want to go but after a shove it goes and runs fine, it just doesn't want to take off in grass and slow up hills. Could this be the drive belt?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
it may be the belt or drive clutch but i would check the engine out first. ez go's are known for valve adjustment issues and or low compression.

scottm1

ezgo_chart.jpg

These pictures and info is why I am confused about my cart I just bought. My serial number plate mounted in the right glove compartment clearly shows it was made in 94, but according to the photos above, it has a plastic TXT body. The info above says they didn't make a TXT in 94. Has someone put a newer body on an older chassis maybe. When I took off the body, I saw no evidence it had ever been removed before,
dazed053.gif