1994.5 metalist will not turn off

ezgogoer

Hello all !
I have a 36 volt medilist cart. We overloaded it and went looking at Christmas lights around the neighborhood. It ran fine, I kept smelling something hot , but could not tell exactly what it was. The wires were fine, and I would stop and let it cool. After we got home, I realized that the controller cover was real hot. The next day I took off the cover and the two little "jumpers" on the selonoid were melted. The cart still works fine, except that it will not turn off. I bought a new switch, and it made no difference. I can completely remove the wires from the on off switch and the cart still runs with the wires completely apart ! I am at a loss, does any know what we this may be ? Is it the selonoid ? or do I need to get those jumpers back on it ? Sorry I cant spell !! LOL

Thanks !

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sounds like the solenoid is bad. Is it a DCS or Series cart? DCS will have a run tow switch on the controller cover.

ezgogoer

it is a series cart. I have upgraded the wiring, and it has a new F&R switch,New speed motor, and now it has a new Key Switch , (Just on and off). The solenoid clicks when you put it Forward or reverse. The only time it will not move is in Neutral. I have a 7 and a 10 year old and I can see something bad happening !! I need to be able to turn this thing off !

Thanks to anyone that may have an idea on this !

rhgc

I agree with HRC. It sounds like the solinoid is bad. When the cart was loaded it probably melted on the inside and is now will not shut off.

I would look at the pedal micro switch, the micro switch will let the cart stay in the on position. I have had carts just take off in the shop because of a faulty switch.

rhgc

awsome...glad you got it!!
thumbup.gif