1993 Columbia Par Car P4G Legacy ignition issue

Stotty92

I own a 1993 Par Car P4G Legacy. The VIN is 2L-20511-D3. When you press down on the accelerator pedal, the starter generator runs as normal. However, the spark plug does not spark at all. But when you let off the pedal, the plug fires one good arc once when you lift. It does that no matter how many times you lift the pedal. It always fires ONLY when you lift off the accelerator pedal. Friend told me he thought it to be an ignition module. I have no service information for this cart. HELP!!! 1) Want to know if this is indeed the problem. I replaced the coil, and issue did not change. 2) Where is this part at on my cart. I would love to acquire the part and fix it myself to save labor cost. Any and all information is appreciated.
wallbash.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome
tip.gif

most ignitors will react like that when they go out, this is what your ignition module looks like and it is under the flywheel. they run about 120.00

Stotty92

Also, do you have to remove the engine to make this repair, or can it be done with the engine still in the cart (just remove shroud, screen, etc.)?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
it's been a long time since i changed one but it can be replaced with the engine in the cart, but you will need to re-time the engine. i have the timing instructions if they don't come with the replacement.

Stotty92

You wouldn't know where I could find a service manual for this cart online do you? Would prefer a link which I don't have to purchase.