1991 ezgo marathon won't go

Fedo

I have recently rebuilt a 91 ezgo marathon. I upgraded the wiring, new batteries, new EMP motor. It was running but the 2 speed motor was intermittant and the key didn't work, I just hit the pedal and it would go. Now i get nothing and the solenoid doesn't click. I'm looking for any help, ihave been over the wiring multiple times and feel confident that is correct, so now I'm open for suggestions.

DWscott

Sounds like either incorrect wiring or bad solenoid? Being able to take off with key not working seems to show stuck solenoid. Do you hear solenoid clicking when key is on and pedal is pushed down?

Fedo

It no longer runs now. But prior i did not hear any clicking. During the wiring one of the bigg terminals did get arced with a battery lead. I tried jumping across the big terminals and get nothing. In the very begining I was also getting intermitant speeds with the EMP motor , sometimes top speed other times what appeared to be normal speed both of these were with the hi-speed setting.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Like DWscott said, if it was running with the key off it's either not wired right or a bad solenoid. I'd triple check the carts wiring before buying any parts...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Not sure how a bad micro switch would make it run with the key off. Glad to hear you got it fixed and thanks for the follow up...