1990 Ezgo 2 stroke differential problem

Jeff Jones

My high gear has gone out on my differential. Its not the brake hubs but the gear is all chewed up. Ezgo doesn't sell the gears any more. I see there is a set on Ebay, saying they are a 6:1 ratio. Is that what I need? or is there some one that took out a set that wants to sell. Or a used place.
1990exgogear.jpg

Nubs

Cartaholic
That gear looks to be from a electric differential, i never saw that style gear in a gas model:dazed:
can you post a picture of the whole diff with the driven clutch on it?

Nubs

Cartaholic
I get it now, can't help ya with that setup as far as gears set interchangeably

sorry

Nubs

Cartaholic
Well your safe to buy it as now ebay guarantees money back if it does not fit as it says, you will loose some of your bottom end torque as it states. if your running stock tire height that will help, and good strong engine:twocents:

Nubs

Cartaholic
Nice cart, its a tough call for me to say as i see the rear seat, with 4 passengers and hills may be a problem. There will be a difference in performance but just how much i can't tell ya.

Nubs

Cartaholic
Yes the 91 to 93 marathon 4 cycles used them, if the diff is a 95 you would need to make it fit and its not easy to do. 94 and up used leaf springs, would be nice to use if you would want to upgrade the engine down the road.
Do you have a picture of the rearend your thinking about using?

Jeff Jones

There is one for sale for $ 250 near me, comes with springs and cables. I will look into it more. Thanks, again.