1990 ez go turn the key and it goes forward wire o

groebuff

Cartaholic
Just replaced the batteries and the wires were hooked up by the old owner wrong,first it blew the module box between the batteries,Had an old module box and swapped it out.Now when you turn the key it takes off wide open...Anyone I need help...Thanks

groebuff

Cartaholic
Change the wire to m-1 to switch,and nothing happen,then turned the back tire then hit the pedal and there it went..Wires getting hot,I guess I need to up grade to 4 gage..
Thanks...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Which cable(s) are getting hot? Make sure all the cables have clean tight connections. Seeing how you had to spin a tire to get the motor to turn it could be bad/worn brushes causing the cables to get hoe

groebuff

Cartaholic
Mostly the cables going to the F/R switch are getting hot,will change them out to 4 gage. Also the cart will not move after putting it in reverse, then switching back to forward..
Thanks for your reply.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You should take the switch apart and check the contacts, they may be shot. If they are it will cause the cables to get hot.

groebuff

Cartaholic
Cool,I will try to clean the contacts on the F/R switch, Also the cart came with a charger , I want to get it checked out before attempting to charge the batteries. Not sure if I have the wires connected right to try it...Thanks again for your help....
tip.gif

groebuff

Cartaholic
This site is great, I found the wiring diagram and that had the location of the charger wires. Will check them out again before I charge it. Next will be looking to lift and paint it. Thanks again...
thumbup.gif

groebuff

Cartaholic
Sure will.... Since I am new to the cart world it will be a fun new challenge for myself and the kids...

groebuff

Cartaholic
I am really surprize for a 1990 ez go that only cost me 250.. plus new batteries works really well. Even came with a charger and thats worth 250.00 by itself...lol Ready to lift up !!!!