1989 EZGO Questions

gavinpierce

Hello, I am new here and was given a 1989 EZGO cart. I have no previous experience with these and have a few questions. It's a 89' I believe? The badge code is B2589 which appears to be a transitional year for these. It's a 2-stroke and with a little work I got this thing to run, drive and stop. Everything is tired on it and I can tell that both clutches are pretty worn as well as just about everything else. My plan is to get it to be a useful little farm cart for the wife and myself. Questions:

1.) What is the best online resource for parts?
2.) Where can I find a service manual for this?
3.) This year had 2 different motors, I believe I have the earlier one, how can I tell?

This thing is super fun and I've been breaking several traffic laws taking this thing to 7-11 and back............

IMG_4087.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Most of the parts mechanical and suspension parts will be the same as a 89 EZGO Marathon. Golf Cart Tire Supply carries engine parts and clutches and is very reputable. Your best bet for a service manual would probably be vintagegolfcartparts.com. I may have a PDF service manual for the cart, I'll take a look in the shop tomorrow. Here's link to the 2 websites I mentioned. Welcome to Cartaholics. :hattip: