1989 Club Car DS Choke Assembly and Service Manual

Nubs

Cartaholic
Should idle/run fine without the air box, can we get a picture of the carb and screw your talking about? Many problems with the cheap imported carbs, just sayin. is the fuel pump pumpin' good? are we sure there is no water in the fuel?

2noose

Good news everyone. Through persistence I found a new choke button for my cart along with a new part to replace the two air boxes. It is a continuous plastic tube that connects to the air filter housing and the choke button. P and P Golf Carts in Indiana had these parts and the choke button is not obsolete as I was being told by just about everyone I talked to.
Also I put the air cleaner on the engine and it now idles correctly although a little fast. I think when I get the complete choke system on it should run right.
My thanks to all that helped me during this learning experience. There is once again a light at the end of the tunnel. Will try to attach pictures of the parts.

2noose

Why is there a 10ohm resistor in the low oil light circuit when the light is rated at 14 volts. Don’t know anything about electricity. Please use layman’s terms.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
how do you know there is a 10 ohm resistor if you dont know anything about electricity? im not trying to be an ass just asking.

2noose

I found it when replacing the damaged wire, and the shop manual refers to testing a 10 ohm resistor in the electrical section. I’m sorry but your answer is of no help. You must be having a bad day and I hope it gets better for you.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure why there's a 10 ohm resistor in the low oil light wiring but I would leave it there. You may want to test it with a ohm meter to make sure it's good and if it's not replace it.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
im not having a bad day at all and just trying to get more info. you said you didnt know anything about electrical so i was just asking not trying to offend you or being rude.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Mine has the same resistor as well.

Where do I get that hose ? Mine has the whole setup and I'd like to remove most of it. But keep the factory filter..
Why does it have this big ol air box anyways ?