1989 2pg ezgo

Tomd

Cartaholic
Checked the spark with a spark tester. It would miss fire once in a while.

Changed plug wire and fixed that. Now bright blue spark. It will run but still does not run correct.

I removed the pipe at top. I watched as I give it the gas. It will flame every few seconds.

Runs better but still acts like the fire is not good enough. ??

It could be the timing. Someone did tape the wires all the way to pulser coil. I would think the fire problem is good though as I now have bright blue spark.

I got a manual in the shop somewhere. I will check the timing. The fuel pressure is great so I would think the crank seals are good.

No telling on this cart. Muffler tail pipe was plugged up with wood. Piston was in backward and plug wire and plug was bad. All that fixed.
Now for more checking.

Tomd

Cartaholic
I removed flywheel and changed pulser coil with one I had off another cart. I think the wires were connected wrong using butt connectors but I will never know for sure because I pulled on them and they came apart. Someone had taped over the butt connectors . The pulser I removed tested good but if it had been wired wrong the ohms would have still been the same. It was also putting out .25 AC volts.
I read where if you connected them blue to red then your ignition timing would be off by 40 degrees. Anyway it is back running. Thanks.