BCGC

we restored a 1988 ezgo that my son adam drives. we have a problem that we are stumped on. we have changed all the batteries,pot box, controller, f and r switch, micro switches, wires. the problem is when you take off in the cart, in forward or reverse the cart seems to be full throttle than evens out. if you go to far or to fast with the gas pedal the cart falls flat,back off the cart goes again. no dead batteries or bad cables. were do we go from here? is it wired wrong? everthing is new. it seems its on or off no happy medium. please anyone who has a thought please my son is 8 and he's driving me crazy! i have to fix this thing asap! he spoiled rotten and already hinting for a new one. thanks to all bcgc

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What type of controller are you using? If the cart has a 0-5K pot box you need to use a controller made for a 0-5K pot box.

HOOD 1

Try adjusting the linkage on the pot box. Jack up the cart and adjust with the throttle all the way down. Move adjustment until cart moves.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you have the right controller you can check and adjust the pot box:

With key off and the cart in neutral remove the small black and white wires from the pot box to the controller. Measure the resistance between the black, and white wires with an ohm meter. It should be at 0 ohms and smoothly rise to about 5.0-5.5K ohms while slowly pressing the pedal to full throttle.

BCGC

ok, the controller is 1204 foot 36 volt we took out of a club car the numbers and foot prnt matched.other than that i don't know, we fooled with the linkage a little, but it made the cart rip across the garge. once the cart gets going it's fine, but there does not seem to be a slow like when backing up. i not saying the controller we replaced is right for the cart we just replaced what was there with one we had in the shop.same number but maybe thats why it was so cheap?nothing can be easy. dump 800 aleady i was hoping for a quick fix. sounds like the controller is nfg for the cart.well well we try'd bcgc any other ideas please willing to try anything. the wires coming out of the pot box are brown and blue 2 to the controller 2 to the f and r microswitch.