1983 EZGO 3 Wheeled Gas Golf Cart Any Good?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That's a hard question to answer without seeing the golf cart. The old EZGO golf carts are built well but the 3 wheelers aren't very desirable and parts are getting harder to find for them.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That's a pretty clean EZGO for a 1983. The 2 stroke engines in the old EZGO golf carts are pretty reliable and hold up well. On a golf cart that old the only way to know what shape the engine is in would be a compression test. The crank seals can be checked by spraying carburetor cleaner on them while the engine is running. If the RPM goes up they're leaking. Check the frame they have a tendency to rust out. $1500 is high for that cart IMHO. :twocents:

Sbender

is the "like" telling me that's a good deal HotRodCarts? Never owned a golf cart and want to get a decent one.thanks for all the input as well

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not a fan of the 3 wheel golf carts but that's just my opinion. Location plays a factor in the prices, here in Illinois you can find 3 wheel EZGO golf carts in good condition in the $600-$800 price range. I've seen them priced higher but they usually don't sell very quick. If you look around you'll probably be able to find an old 4 cycle 4 wheel EZGO for $1350.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Check the frame for rust and as long as it runs good and drives smooth it should be fine. The engines are pretty durable and one in good shape should have 120 lbs of compression. Like I mentioned earlier you can check the crank seal with carb cleaner.