1983 EZ GO Gas 2 stroke

james645

I don't know what is wrong with this golf cart. I just bought it and it starts right up, then dies immediately. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Or what I should check first. Thank You

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
welcome James

i would check to make sure your getting gas to the carb, make sure the filter is not plugged. if all is well a good carb clean would be my next move.

james645

Sorry, I should have said that I cleaned the carburetor first. I really appreciate you answering my question so quickly.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
thats cool, take the fuel line off that the carb and hit the starter and see if fuel is pushin' out the line

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
sorry
wallbash.gif
i didn't read it right.do you mean it pushes out the carb when its turning over?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
what yr is the cart, it sounds like there is dirt in between the neddle and seat and its flooding out.
can ya post a picture of the carb?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
this should be close to what your workin' with, #11 is the needle and seat, it controls the level of gas in the bowl. its best to pull the carb and work on it on the bench, pull the bowl off and pull the pin that holds the float on #10 and lift it off and the needle should come out with it. blow air in the hole where the needle was and also blow air into the fitting that the gas line was on, is the gas coming out of the vent tube or on the side of the bowl by the gasket #13? if you have an air compressor its best to blow out all holes.

c2carb.jpg