1980 Tee Bird Electric Golf Cart

Snow T Bird

Howdy all, Just picked up a 1980 Tee Bird electric golf cart but haven't been able to work on it yet. Have to get it out of friends garage. I have been looking for a manual on it so I can replace the tires and rims, pretty sure they are just the 18.5 x 8. Wondering if just a standard 4 bolt white rim and tire will work. Was also looking for some double wide white walls for it. I know Coker has some but with the dollar exchange I would be paying through the nose. Body is in great shape so as I work on it I will post some.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm pretty sure the wheels would be 4" bolt circle like a standard golf cart. The only place I know of that still carries some parts for them is Vintage Golf Cart Parts. Welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip:

Snow T Bird

Thanks HotRod, yeah I picked up some new emblems from them last week. They also have most of the electrics I will be needing. I just need to get some new rubber on it before i can move it.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
so is T Bird a brand or whats the deal - I've had a cart for a few years but never really paid any attention to them before this past fall.

Snow T Bird

Does anyone know if Canary Yellow is the stock colour? not sure i want to keep it that colour. the wife likes it though, she taken to calling it Tweety Bird

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I'll have to do a little studying on them, I saw a website just the other day, I'm gonna go read....

Snow T Bird

Thanks Shootrig. this is going to be a fun project car for me this summer. let me know what you find out. I have found manuals, but only suplementals to the actual manuals

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
A clip taken from Vintage Golf Cart Parts, Inc...

"In 1961, Taylor-Dunn introduced the Tee-Bird line, their second golf cart. This was a 36 volt cart. It came in the model 2336G three wheeler and the model 2347G four wheeler. They also made a fiberglass model 2333G Eagle III model with a distinctive classic styling. These Taylor-Dunn models ran from 1961 to 1969. The entire Tee-Bird line ran until 1985 when they built their last golf cart."

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does anyone know if Canary Yellow is the stock colour? not sure i want to keep it that colour. the wife likes it though, she taken to calling it Tweety Bird
I've seen them yellow from the factory but I'm not sure if it's Canary Yellow. I've seen factory red on them also.

Snow T Bird

So I managed to get over there and give it a good look. Turns out the rims are 5 bolt--Who knew?.

Attachments

• tire bolts.jpg
    tire bolts.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6

Snow T Bird

I did notice the rims were not in bad shape, so a quick sand a paint, just tires for now. Trying to find some white wall tires. I think they would look good on this one.

Attachments

• cart3.jpg
    cart3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16

Snow T Bird

surprisingly very little rust, body work is going to be easy. motor was rebuilt before i bought it. underside in the front will need a good clean up, but all in all still in great shape. has the Taylor dunn belts on it and held the charge over two weeks untouched.