1978 Electric Harley Davidson Golf Cart Build

TerryH

I finshed the cart last night!!! Finally got to go run around the neighborhood with it this afternoon. It was a hoot! I can tell it's going to be a big hit with the kids. Had a blast showing it off to my buddies. Here are some pics....

I went a little wild with the diamond plate but I think it looks good. The factory rub strips were rotted to nothing and the back lower portion of the body was beyond repair thus the wide wrap arpound piece in the back to cover that up. The purple is the new Challenger Plum Crazy and the white is the standard late model Dodge white. Seats are from the m2Seats guys on Ebay. Most of the rest of the new stuff came from Vintage Carts.

56887021.jpg

96819319.jpg

81999619.jpg

62069489.jpg

87273188.jpg

64036992.jpg

38800096.jpg

I have had a serious amount of fun working on this cart. It actually does have a pupose....not golf. My 82 year old mother is moving on our street and I'll use it to get her back in forth from our house to hers. She is in good health but can't walk very far. That's how this whole deal got started and then it got a little bit out of hand as you can see.

Matter of fact, I bought one for her as well. She decided that she "needed" one to use around her property plus the parts cart means that I now have 3 of them.
dazed053.gif

Thanks for looking! Hope you like the end result!

Terry

TerryH

Thanks! I obviously do not know where to stop on a project. I'm still thinking about a couple more pices of diamoind plate here and there. Wondering bout 48v for real etc.....

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Kool Kart !!! Love the updated classic look...GREAT color combination, with the added bling of the diamond plate....
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
You think I like that color??? The Minister Terry Hatfield has put together a great updated/classic look!!

TerryH

If you guys only knew. Purple trucks, cars, boats, jackets, hats, and on and on....now carts. I knida have this thing for purple. I'm assuming you do as well?

Coldbeer

WOW Great job on your cart. I have a 72 gasser I'm gonna paint candy apple red with old school flames on the front
thumbup.gif

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
I would still like to put an old style springer front end on one of these. Something like this:
wishbone3-1.jpg

Tj4orange

Not sure if anyone is still around but I love the diamond plate. Would love some info on it. Where do ya get it. Cut it. Mount it... Kinda in the dark on this. Thanks

TerryH

QUOTE (Tj4orange @ August 23, 2011 - 12:54 AM) Not sure if anyone is still around but I love the diamond plate. Would love some info on it. Where do ya get it. Cut it. Mount it... Kinda in the dark on this. Thanks
I had a local sheet metal shop shear up the pieces to the basic size and shape that they needed to be. I used my band saw and horizontal belt sander to get them to the exact shape and give the corners some radius. The pieces are bolted thru the body with stainless button head bolts on the bigger pieces and with button head machine screws on the smaller ones. Hope that helps.

Terry