1973 3 Wheeled HD Gas Golf Cart

Larry McMinn

I am rebuilding a 1973 HD GOLF cart engine. I have found and purchased everything but the connecting rod bearing to the crankshaft. Any ideas where I could find one. Or find one close where I could hone the connecting rod out a bit so it would work?

Larry McMinn

Buggiesunlimited only has the piston side of the rod bearing which I bought. I need the bearing that connects the rod and the crankcase together. It's a needle bearing that is caged. Thanks to all who replied!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you call and ask them about it? They have the rod bearing listed on their website. If they don't have it I don't know where else you can look. Good luck and let us know if you fine the bearing.

Larry McMinn

They have the bearing that connects the piston to the rod. It'the bearing that is between the rod and the crankshaft. It is a caged pin bearing.
It goes inside the rod and then the crank pin is pressed into the crank on both sides.

Larry McMinn

Vintagegolfcarts.com Shows one on their site but they have run out. I requested a used crank from them and the bearing. I don't know if they have a source. It sounds like they do. So I'm hoping they come through for me. Thanks for your help. They buy lots of old new stock as well as used parts. I called them and explained my situation and the guy that answered explained to me what to do. I did it and received a confirmation email right away. They seem like nice people.