1971 Chevy Truck

Andy4639

I was asked to post about my truck so here it is with some background also.
I bought a 1967 truck first and it burnt down to the ground so I started looking again when I found this one. It had factory disc brakes up front and that was it.
I did all the mechanical work myself which includes putting in the fuel injection motor out of a 1986 camaro alnog with the 700-R4 overdrive trany. I installed the interior with some help from the wife she did the sewing. Factory dash with Tach,speed warning buzzer and all the gauges.Tilt wheel. I have 500amp worth of speaker's which include 2-10" subs behind the seat,2-3 ways under the seat 2 2 ways in the stock location in the center of the dash and 2 tweeter's above me in the cab.
17" wheels and it's been lowered 4" in back and 3" in front. I just had it repainted in November. I just finished installing the carpet and floor mats a few weeks ago.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I have seen your truck at, I think, BU. You have really done a nice job on it. Didn't you say you were going to let your son take it to school?
biggrin.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thaks for posting the info and the pics of your truck Andy...
cool.gif
You did a GREAT job on it and it looks top notch...
thumbup.gif

Andy4639

Thanks guys..yes I said my son will be getting it after he gets his driver's license. He turns fifteen on May 31. He has to take driver's ed this summer. The high school here doesn't have it anymore.

yikes2.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
Be best to put him in a beater for a year, not many kids get by the first year without putting a few wrinkles in one.

Andy4639

Just because I said it don't mean it will happen! J/K I'm planning on him driving his mom old caddy for awhile before I turn him loose in it. His permit will be good for over a year so he will be 16 or 17 before he get's it.
thumbup.gif

Andy4639

Well Ryan didn't want my truck thank GOD!!!!
No I was going to let him have it but he said it was old and drove like a tank. He wanted the 07 Tahoe! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Ended up buying a nice one owner S-10 2002 model. It's fine for him and it is small enough so parking is good. Put a sound system in it over Christmas for him.

Andy4639

I guess my dad retiring form the real GM some 25 years ago didn't have any influnce on me huh!!!
Wifes 04 Caddy

DSC00690.JPG

My daughters eclipse.
DSC00337.JPG