12 volt accessory battery wiring on 48 volt cart

DWS

Has anyone done a wiring so that normal switch will switch on 12 volt extra battery circuits for lights and horn etc?
I have made up a wiring diagrahm but not sure if it will work.
Any help out there??

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

I'm not sure what you're asking. If your using a 12 volt battery to power your accessories and want a main switch to kill the power to all accessories just make sure the switch you use can handle the load of the accessories.

DWS

I HAVE A 1996 CLUB CAR ELECTRIC, NON REGEN.
I have a seperate 12 volt battery for lights, stop lights, turn signals, radio etc. My problem is that - the brake lights stay on after parking because of the way park brake on Club Car is set up. At my age I want to be sure that "ALL" power to accessories is turned off when I walk away from cart? Thus saving battery from discharging.
I feel that by using the wire that went to battery condition meter on dash from exsisting key switch on dash to an "EXTRA" 48 volt solenoid, and eliminating the back up alarm it will not overload the switch. From this 2nd solenoid heavy leads I will connect 12 volt battery leads, thus causing the switch to be main controller for isolating from 48 volts to the 12 volt battery circuit but still controling both?
Anyone have better idea?

JRay

Cartaholic
I never lock the parking brake when i park my cart, Don't want to stretch the cables, just me, probably nuts, wouldn't stretch them anyway. You could put a switch to kill the 12 system next to the key switch. That way you know its all off.

DWS

I have to set my parking brake here in the park where we live. We live in deep south Texas since 1998 and what was mounds for us in Oregon are now "MOUNTAINS" in south Texas. At my advanced age and health the mind can play trick on us fast? I have left the lights on until I finally ruined a set of 8 volt batteries. Besides that we live right next to a street light so dont notice such things?

JRay

Cartaholic
Up to you, but a kill switch for the 12 batt, right next to the key switch should work for you. Another crazy idea i had was put a second key switch next to the original to control the acc. When you park pull both keys and you then know its all shut down, Like i said another idea.