1.5L 70hp EZGO LIMO GOLF CART

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
1.5L 70hp EZGO LIMO GOLF CART:
I've decided to power my next golf cart project with a Honda Civic engine and drive parts. I just bought a good 5spd donor car. Although I wanted an automatic this was a manual. Thats ok with me but it will need extra linkages built for the clutch and shifting. I have an EZGO limo frame which the build will be based on. I plan on reinforcing the frame and building a cage. The cart will have front and rear independent suspension. I probably will scrap the factory honda single control arm w/struts setup and replace it with upper and lower tubular arms. Its a project in the works. Lots of undecided things. this is something I've been wanting to try for a very long time. Comments, suggestions?

Spent today yaanking the engine and other parts out. It looks huge sitting here but the dimensions are just within reason for it to be crammed under the golf cart body.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Pics, pics pics, here are pics of what I have done. The car's front hubs are only 53" apart which is a nice width for this cart. Along with the engine/transmission I'm going to use the civic axles, spindles, control arms, sway bar, engine cradle and build mounts for them in the cart frame. Clearance was an issue with the back half of the frame, so it is gone. I've not decided on many things yet such as how high and long I want the cart. That is the reason I ran the new main frame rails extra long. I like the look and may add a bed on the back with custom body panels. Another option is to cut the frame back to stock length and use a golf cart body.

I would like to use the honda hydraulic brakes in the golf cart. Anybody know where can I find custom length brake lines and how to mount the master cylinder in the cart?

DWscott

I knew that you wouldn't wait very long before starting another project, and as always you are doing an outstanding job of it. I think you should start doing this for a living?
By the way have you sold your other rig yet, I see it in your pictures?

Batman

Awesome project! Are you looking for steel or rubber brake lines? You can make your own with the proper flaring tool.

johnny9

hurry up,i cant wait to see this beast..im already dremin of a limo cart and have only got this addiction in the last week,,but it could be worse huh,john

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I did more with the limo recently. I love working on this project! Some of the pictures on here went away because I am redoing and finishing my website.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
My tires came today and they made me very excited! I need to build a front end and wheel adapters. I don't have pictures of it but I did make new stronger strut towers and corrected the angle of the axles.

StreetGlide

"un-trained" or "un-trainable"?
Wow, I'm very impressed with you abilities....
Blows my mind!
I look forward to your pictorial documentation!