06 EZGO TXT

LAIOB

06 EZGO TXT golf cart was charged on a thurs, didnt run it. Two days later I went to plug in to check the charge because we were going to use all day on Saturday and I got a double red flashing default lite. Ran the golf cart for about 45 min total during the day and eventually ran out of power. I noticed it slowing down and just made it home. Plugged the battery charger back in and it charged for about 5 minutes and the default started to flash again. The batteries have about 6.02 to 6.15 volts. ANY IDEAS?

athomas03

Probably time for new batts for both of ya. 5-6yrs old, if they are the originals. 6.37v is 100% for each, plus if they won't hold up under a load, they'll drop like a rock even if showing fully charged. I'm just guessing.

LAIOB

Thanks for the input. I bought the cart three months ago and I was told the batteries are a year old but you know how that goes. Is there any way to identify the manufacture date of the batteries.

silverstreak

I believe the battery age code is stamped on the posts or on a sticker on the battery. The letter usually corresponds with the month.......A=January, B=February, C=March, etc. The 2 numbers are for the last two numbers in the year it was made......98=1998, 01=2001, etc.