06 EZ no GO

Jayhawk Buggie

Got a problem so time to quit lurking. I have an 06 TXT that only clicks when the pedal is pushed. I can sometimes spin the clutch, push on the pedal and it will fire up and go.

Had no issues until I tweaked the governor. Is it possible that the starter/gen can run too fast and cause electrical components to "begin" to fail?

I have a fair amount of mechanical knowledge but just learning about carts. My cart is at the lake so I cannot check anything until the weekend. If you guys could give me some items check or look for I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Scott

Cool forum
thumbup.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
sounds like sticking or worn brushes in the starter, them start/gen's can take 7K for some time before burnin' up so what your doin' won't have much affect on it.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I don't suppose you need to be told to check your battery charge.
Check the ground between the motor and frame.
Make sure all wires are thght and clean.

Jayhawk Buggie

Battery and terminals are good. What is under the plastic cover next to the battery with the single bolt holding it down? Is that a grounding point to the frame?

Jayhawk Buggie

There is all kinds of crap under that black cover! Took all the grounds loose and cleaned them and seems to be working fine now. Thanks

Jayhawk Buggie

Back to no-go.
wallbash.gif

Fires up if I tap the starter/gen so thinking brushes. I thought I saw a how to thread but can't find it. Little help please.