EZGO TXT 2002 Renovation

bazzz

I'm making renovations or repairs to a 2002 EZGO Txt. I have replaced the battery rack with an aluminum one and installed a new set of batteries. Installed new HD front springs yesterday and will install the rear ones next week when the bushings are delivered. Working on replacing the plywood seat backs today. Are the holes in the seat back and bottom necessary? I am guessing it's for airflow and or drying out if moisture gets in there. They didn't keep black stuff from growing in there on the old ones.

IMG_3125.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 2

bazzz

I thought that was the case, there wasn't any in the rear seat so I thought I would check. I will add them to both.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 4

bazzz

I installed the new HD springs today and was looking at the rims. How hard are the tires to remove from the rims? I ended up with a spare set of tires mounted on stock white rims. Thinking about removing the tires and painting the rims black. Is this something I should try or should I tape up the rubber and spray it? I know I can buy a set of black rims but there’s plenty of tread left and a can of paint is cheaper, Lol.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
They are a pain to remove, that is why they are typically sold as a complete assembly with rim and all. For painting wheels I get a pack of index cards and shove them between the rim and rubber one after the other.

bazzz

Wow, thanks for the tip with the index cards. I wouldn’t have thought of that but it sounds like it is the best way to do it.

I have another question, what gauge wire should I use for a state of charge meter? 16, 14, or 12?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
18 is sufficient, a battery meter isn’t drawing much current. Most things on golf carts could even be less than 18 but I wouldn’t recommend it just from a durability standpoint. 20 and higher is much more likely to corrode through or fatigue break even if it is appropriate for the current draw. The OEM (not golf cart) I worked for tried switching to 20 awg for many circuits on their new model, and after the first few units switched back to mostly 18 awg in the harnesses like the old model had for that reason