Replacement charger for older club car

dave s

I have an older club car and thought the batteries needed replaced. The guy who worked on it said the batteries were still good, but the onboard brain that told the charger that the charge was complete was bad. I was told that the part was really expensive so He put a club car plug on a Yamaha charger and said Yamaha has the brain on the charger. It was working fine for a while but the old batteries died a year later, or so I thought. A found a good deal on some slightly used batteries and had them installed. Now I find out the brain on the Yamaha charger is fried, and by looking at the wires going into it I am lucky I didn't have a fire. I have seen the Stanley charger advertised on Amazon and it looks good. (Stanley GBCPRO Golf Cart & Vehicle Battery Charger).
Is this an option, rather finding another Yamaha charger and putting a club car plug on it. I never liked that idea. Thanks for your thoughts!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

A New Onboard Computer (OBC) is cheaper than a new charger. If you still have the Club Car charger I'd by a new OBC and fix it right. I wouldn't buy a cheap charger but if you decide to go that route look at Lester chargers.
What year and model is your Club Car?

dave s

It is a DS Electric and I believe it is a 1996. Un fortunatly the original charger is gone. If I put a new OBC in, I would still have to buy a new or used charger.
I wondered about the Stanley, but will look at Lester chargers. Thanks, for the lead...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Check with the forum sponsors. They all carry good chargers and good prices. Tell them Rod from Cartaholics sent you.