Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 1986 G3-A positive or negative ground?

Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum > Club Car Golf Cart Repair > Club Car Electric
hwally
An older friend of mine has a 1986 G3-A model code J42 Yamaha Golf Cart. I get called in every once in a while to work on it. Her neighbor just fried a bunch of wires trying to hook up the lights and now nothing works, no lights come on when you turn on the key. I haven't worked on it for a while but It seems like it was a positive ground system. Is that correct? It also has a starter generator set up that was replaced a year ago. Do you have to polarize them like you did on the old automotive generators. If so what's the process? Any tips would be helpful. It seems like someone told me this year Yamaha was unique in a lot of ways. Any info or help is greatly appreciated. I have to go over to work on it next week and would like to see a wiring diagram first. Thanks so much.
shadowman
are you talking about a gas cart? rwegardless its been a while but they are negitive ground..................................... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here -> Golf Cart Forum .
Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum © 2001-2014 Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum