Cartaholics.com - The Golf Cart Forum for the Cart Enthusiast. Golf Cart Repairs, Golf Cart Troubleshooting, Golf Cart Wiring Diagrams, Golf Cart Manuals, Golf Cart FAQ, Golf Cart Reviews, Golf Cart Parts, Golf Cart Accessories, Golf Cart Lift Kits, Custom Golf Carts, etc.
Cartaholics on Facebook
Home
Mission
Forum
Rules
Golf Cart Events
Members Carts
Links
CAH on Facebook

Allsports Golf Cart Lift Kits and Golf Cart Accessories - Made in the USA

Search
Members
Calendar
Help
User CP
My Assistant

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

mogler10
Posted: May 13, 2010 - 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Caddie

Group: Members
Member No.: 6733

hello I have a 1990 ez go electric golf cart and I parked it in the shed the other day and when I went to back it out it will not move in forward or reverse. I do not hear the solenoid click and I cleaned all the cables and last year I replaced all the wires on the batteries. I checked for voltage and I have voltage coming out of the switch but I can figure anything out from there. I checked voltage at the top of where the gas pedal linkage goes and I have like 36 volts on either side doesn't matter if the gas pedal is pushed down or not? Just wondering if anybody has any advice for me?
PMEmail Poster
HotRodCarts
Posted: May 13, 2010 - 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Cartaholic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3
Illinois

Welcome to te forum...

Check the cable connection at the forward and reverse switch.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
unobrazosbandito
Posted: May 14, 2010 - 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Caddie

Member No.: 6731

QUOTE (mogler10 @ May 13, 2010 - 01:50 PM)
hello I have a 1990 ez go electric golf cart and I parked it in the shed the other day and when I went to back it out it will not move in forward or reverse. I do not hear the solenoid click and I cleaned all the cables and last year I replaced all the wires on the batteries. I checked for voltage and I have voltage coming out of the switch but I can figure anything out from there. I checked voltage at the top of where the gas pedal linkage goes and I have like 36 volts on either side doesn't matter if the gas pedal is pushed down or not? Just wondering if anybody has any advice for me?

well i had an intermitten problem car might go sometimes and might not go at other times, while taking the wires off to unhook the batteries to look at the forward/reverse switch i noticed one of the tabs on the key switch was loose,as they are just crimped on the back of the switch itself, replaced the switch for 8 bucks.now the cart is fine. i put an ohmeter across the switch tabs and with the key turned on could lose continuity by wiggleing the tab on the back of the switch. you could just put a jmper accross the switch and see if your car goes. :rolleyes: unobrazosbandito
PMEmail Poster
shadowman
Posted: May 14, 2010 - 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Cartaholic

Member No.: 284

if your not getting a soleniod click jack the rear end up and take that cover off over the solenoid...........get a peice of 6 gage cable and jump the large post of solenoid turn key on press pedal if cart runs replace solenoid, there is a diode and a resistor mounted on top of solenoid so be careful with them and make sure you put the diode back on in the right direction........................also if your not certain test and load test your batteries it only takes 10 minutes and dosn,t cost a dime.............you,d be surprised at how often you have to go no further.................................................... :thumbsup:
PMEmail Poster
Gonzo
Posted: May 15, 2010 - 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Tennessee Squire

Member No.: 2258
McMinnville, Tennesse

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
mogler10
Posted: May 29, 2010 - 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Caddie

Member No.: 6733

Thanks for all the advice I tried all of them and I think that my controller is bad is there anyway to bypass the controller to see if it is bad?
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

LoFi Version

Cartaholics.com - The Golf Cart Forum for the Cart Enthusiast. Golf Cart Repair, Golf Cart Troubleshooting, Golf Cart Wiring Diagrams, Golf Cart Manuals, Golf Cart FAQ, Golf Cart Reviews, Golf Cart Parts, Golf Cart Accessories, Golf Cart Lift Kits, Custom Golf Carts, etc.
Cartaholics
2005-2014 HotRodCarts LLC
All Rights Reserved
No part of this web site may be reproduced in any way
or by any means, without the prior written permission of HotRodCarts LLC